Prakash Banjara
Normally I live away from home for employment purpose.While I am outside, my wife does everything at home. Her first job in the morning to get up, cleaning house, feeding daughter, washing clothes, make food for herself and family , cleaning dishes etc. She only eats after everyone of the family. This routine applied to most of all woman in our country.
Our culture said she should not be hungry before everyone in the family and all household work is only separated for her.
Now after COVID-19 crisis I am with my family. I show all the routine of my wife. She feels tired, she feels helpless and when I looked at her eyes. Eyes was asking help with me then I decided to work with her.
Now we woke up together in the morning. She starts making food for the daughter I used to get cow milk which is near to my house. I make tea for us, and we used to have breakfast together. When she starts cooking lunch I wash our clothes and play with daughter. until then she makes our lunch ready. These days we take a good deal of food together with family. After the food most of the day I do wash our dishes, during the time she cleans dining table and gas stove. Working together is a tools of happy family. Now neither my wife feels bored nor I feel dominant.
household jobs is our common job not only for woman. Working together at home make our family stronger and loving each others. Our women can also get job like man. We all are equal part of the society therefor let's work together at home and make changes. ( From Mero Lekh)
